Regardless of whether you have Type 2 diabetes, heart disease thebusinessdays, other medical issues, or a clean bill of health, one of the most important things you can do to protect your health is exercise.
- helps you lose weight by burning calories.
- it makes you feel energized enough to handle the tasks you face each day.
- regular exercise gives you a great sense of well-being and achievement – it gets your blood flowing.
You don’t have to be fanatical to reap the rewards. A simple 30 minute walk three to five times a week is a good start if that’s all you’re able to do. Even if you do walk, when you’re sitting, move your body. Rotate your wrists, your ankles or your neck. Shrug your shoulders a few times. bareng88
You can exercise at home, in a gym, in a park, at the beach or anywhere you want – depending on your choice of exercise. Dance or walk in place while you talk on your cell phone or listen to your MP3 player. Not everyone has access to a gym and many people have reservations about being in a fitness facility with others. storygame
If you have never exercised, or it’s been a while, pick two days a week you can fit in 10 minutes of exercise. Over the weeks, add extra time and then extra days until you reach your goal.
Make exercise a regular part of your life, not something you have to try to fit into your schedule. Why not…
- give up 30 minutes of surfing the web or talking on the cell phone every other day and use this time to move your body.
- when driving, park in the spot farthest from the door of your destination. If you take public transport, get off at an earlier stop and walk the rest of the way. sportsyearly
- use less email at work and walk to the person down the hall to discuss business
Choose exercises you enjoy – if you never liked swimming, don’t join a swimming club. Vary your activity to keep from getting bored. You should be able to talk normally during activity. If you cannot, or feel really breathless, slow down or rest to avoid overexertion.
If you have medical problems, talk to your doctor before starting an exercise program in case there are some things you should not be doing. For example – high blood pressure or heart disease may mean you need to exercise less, more slowly or choose specific exercises. knowledgehype
Exercise can make you feel great if you keep doing it and you see the benefits over time. Maintain your exercise and slowly increase the degree of difficulty as your fitness level improves and you’ll soon be on the road to good health. gossipcare
Type 2 diabetes is not a condition you must just live with. By making simple changes such as adding exercise to your daily routine, it’s possible to protect your heart, kidneys, eyes and limbs from the damage often caused by high blood sugar and obesity, and eliminate many of the complications you may already experience.